During your apprenticeship as a metal and steel construction mechanic in the field of shipbuilding at NEPTUN WERFT, you’ll learn everything you need for your future career: You’ll make metal structures – mostly as individual parts – and then assemble them to make even bigger sections. You’ll learn how to use different tools and materials, as well as how to operate various welding systems. And you’ll discover how to make templates for complicated components and how to interpret and implement ship drawings – you’ll achieve big things with us!
After training as a metal and steel construction mechanic in the field of shipbuilding at NEPTUN WERFT, we’ll help you continue your development as a technician or a metalworking foreman qualified to the standards of the Chamber and Industry and Commerce.
Who do we want on board?
- You have a good high school leaving certificate
- You like working with your hands and building things
- You’re interested in working with machinery
- You demonstrate technical understanding and spatial intelligence
- You’re physically fit and resilient
- Duration: 3.5 years