Industrial Mechanic for Mechanical and Plant Engineering
If you train as an industrial mechanic for mechanical and plant engineering at NEPTUN WERFT, your 3.5-year apprenticeship will focus on the machinery at the heart of a ship. Our industrial mechanics are familiar with all sorts of machinery – from diesel engines to gas turbines. They commission, repair, deliver and test the machinery and systems within floating engine room units, river cruise ships and specialised vessels. They often work with other employees and our (international) customers, so they also need good English skills.
After training as an industrial mechanic for mechanical and plant engineering at NEPTUN WERFT, we’ll help you continue your development as a technician or a metalworking foreman qualified to the standards of the Chamber and Industry and Commerce.
Who do we want on board?
- You hold a very good high school leaving certificate or an entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences/A levels (Abitur)
- You have good English skills
- You enjoy working with your hands
- You demonstrate technical understanding and spatial intelligence
- You work well in a team
- You’re physically fit and resilient
- Duration: 3.5 years