Electronics Engineer for Operating Technology
Our electronics engineers for operating technology are responsible for the electrical engineering systems on our ships, in operating systems and on our assembly sites. There’s a wide range of tasks involved in the two-year apprenticeship, including the installation, commissioning and maintenance of electrical installations and power supplies, lighting, alarms, security systems and control devices. Our apprentices are also responsible for laying and connecting cables. If you’d like to train as an electronics engineer with us, you’ll work independently and in a team, on board our ships and at the shipyard. Your language skills will be required here, because you’ll be speaking a lot of English and working with English-language documents.
Who do we want on board?
- You have a good high school leaving certificate
- You have good English skills
- You like working with your hands on technical projects
- You demonstrate technical understanding and spatial intelligence
- You work well in a team
- You’re physically fit and resilient
- Duration: 2 years